To rent or to get a mortgage?

I was made redundant and the social security only give me £80 a month for my mortgage interest. I have to find the rest of my mortgage out of my JSA. Due to this fact I have no other option but to sell my flat.

My next door neighbour is a single mum – her boyfriend and father of her child only visits on occasions so she gets the maximum welfare benefits. The council pay her rent of over £550 a month plus she will get child support and JSA.

It seems to me the welfare system gives no help towards those of us who have worked and paid taxes but will help women who have never worked.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s